Code of Conduct
The 14th International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS 2020) will bring together representatives from academia, industry, government, and advocacy organizations from across the globe. In order for all participants to have the opportunity to gain the most benefit from this symposium, the ICRS 2020 organising committee is committed to providing a safe and secure environment. Please review the following policies and procedures for conference participants. By registering for ICRS 2020 you agree to the following terms:
- The ICRS 2020 organising committee is committed to a safe, hospitable, and productive environment for all participants of this program, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- The ICRS 2020 organising committee expects all participants to communicate professionally and constructively, handling dissent and disagreement with courtesy, dignity, and an open mind, being respectful when providing feedback, and being open to alternate points of view.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off or placed on “silent” mode before entering a session or workshop. Participants should step out of session or workshop rooms to make calls or send emails or texts, as the back lighting on electronic devices is distracting to other participants.
- The ICRS 2020 organising committee expects participants to share information about this program responsibly and clearly distinguish individual opinion from fact.
- The ICRS 2020 organising committee prohibits intimidating, threatening, or harassing conduct of any kind during this program. This applies to all participants—attendees, presenters, exhibitors, staff, vendors, etc.
- The ICRS 2020 organising committee bans physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff, or other meeting guest.
- Participants must obey all applicable laws and regulations of the German government authorities while attending this program. Participants must comply with all applicable safety guidelines related to the conference venue.
- The ICRS 2020 organising committee encourages responsible drinking for those drinking alcohol. Beer and wine will be offered at some official social events.
- The ICRS 2020 organising committee values the participation of all attendees at ICRS 2020. We encourage attendees to report unwelcome or unsafe experiences, and we strive to create a productive and professionally stimulating experience.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
- ICRS 2020 staff (or their designee) or security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning and potentially without refund.
Reporting Unacceptable Behaviour
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behaviour or have witnessed any such behaviour, please immediately notify the responsible Safety Officer, or an ICRS 2020 staff member. For delegates who wish to lodge a complaint of harassment, the trained Safety Officer will be available and readily identifiable. Notification should be done by contacting the Safety Officer on-site or e-mail your concern (the Safety Officer’s email address will be conformed in advance of the meeting).
- For matters of immediate physical safety, you may also approach the onsite security staff.
- Reporting should never be done via social media.