About the ICRS
The International Coral Reef Society (ICRS) was founded in 1980 and is the principal learned society to which over 800 reef scientists and managers from across the world belong.
Anyone interested in reefs is welcome to join ICRS!
The principal objective of ICRS is to promote the production and dissemination of scientific knowledge and understanding of coral reefs, both living and fossil, for public benefit.
Further objectives of ICRS include:
- Produce and distribute the quarterly peer-reviewed scientific journal “Coral Reefs” containing works on coral reef geology, biology, ecology, and environmental issues
- Coordinate the International Coral Reef Symposium
- Distribute twice yearly a news journal / newsletter called “Reef Encounter”
- Publish briefing papers and statements on emerging issues related to coral reefs
- Support students through fellowships
- Acknowledge the scholarship and work of its members with society awards and honours
To learn more and join ICRS, please visit: